New Orleans Passenger Lists Quick Guide 1820-1963
by Joe Beine
New Orleans Passenger Lists Quick Guide 1820-1963 : Finding New Orleans Immigration Records|
This page lists research material for locating New Orleans, Louisiana passenger arrival records 1820-1963 (Ancestry's database also has some lists for 1813 and 1815). Includes information about online indexes, and microfilmed records and indexes.
New Orleans Passenger Lists Indexes and Images
- Online Database: New Orleans Passenger Lists, 1813-1963 (index and images) (with gaps) (requires payment - part of an Ancestry subscription)
- Includes a name index and digitized images of New Orleans ship passenger lists from National Archives microfilm publications M259 (for 1820-1902), and T905 (for 1903-1945).
- This database does not include New Orleans ship passenger lists from July 1, 1948 to November 30, 1954. They have not survived.
- Includes some airplane manifests for 1943-1948 and 1957-1963.
- Includes a few ship lists for 1813 and 1815 (from WPA transcripts), some crew lists and other items.
Additional New Orleans Passenger Lists Indexes
- Online Database: New Orleans Passenger Lists, 1820-1945 (index and images) (with gaps) free with registration at FamilySearch
- From National Archives microfilm publications: M259: Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at New Orleans, Louisiana, 1820-1902; and T905: Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at New Orleans, Louisiana, 1903-1945.
- NARA microfilm roll T905-142 (covering 1 Oct 1931 to 31 Dec 1931) is not included
New Orleans Passenger Lists - Microfilm Information